Tuesday 5 February 2013

The Liebster Award :)

As you will see from my previous post I haven't blogged for a few weeks, well last weekend I logged onto my blog and my twitter account just out of curiosity if nothing else and the first thing I saw was that I had been awarded this lovely award by the even lovelier Mojo @ Wonderments.

I have to say that this came at just the right time and as a believer of fate, I felt that by receiving this award it was a sign that I should get back into blogging. So here I am! I followed this link from the Wonderments blog to learn more about the award.

So what are the rules?
  • List 11 facts about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions given to you.
  • Create 11 new questions for the bloggers that you have nominated for the award.
  • Choose 5 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
  • Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.

11 facts about me:

1. I passed my driving test on my 18th birthday.
2. I spent a summer working on a camp in America.
3. I applied for university in 2009 and didn't tell anyone about it until I had a place (I graduated last year).
4. I crack my fingers :-/
5. In 2010 my wedding was cancelled 2 nights before it was due to take place due to the mass amount of snow we had. Instead we got married 6 weeks later.
6. I fell pregnant while at uni and was in lecturers upto the day before I gave birth.
7. I named my first car Gary.
8. I am super broody.
9. I am DESPERATE to know how he met their mother. (This will only make sense to how I met your mother fans.)
10. I used to love horse riding.
11. I have met Paddy McGuiness twice.

Mojo's Questions

1. Where is the one place you would recommend visiting?

Florida, my husband and I went here in 2008 with friends and it was simply amazing, it has something for everyone, good food, water parks, theme parks, space centre, shopping malls... the list is endless! we went for two weeks and even with cramming activities we know there is still so much more to see. We hope to go back once bubs is older.

2. Who is your favourite band/singer/music?


I am going to cop out of this question a little as I can not choose just one artist. I love listening to a variety of music and this is usually determined by my mood at the time, just some of my faves are the Beatles, Adele, Girls Aloud, Eva Cassidy, Michael Buble.




3. If you could go on a night out with 3 people alive or dead who would you choose?


Ok slightly cheating as one, they are characters as opposed to 'real' people and two, there is four of them but I think I would have to have a girls night out, complete with cocktails and dancing with Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda from Sex and the City!



4. What is your proudest moment?

Probably a predictable answer but giving birth to my beautiful little baby - and a non mummy related proud moment is graduating.

5. What 3 course dinner would you order if money was no object?

I am probably the most boring and un imaginative person but I would just love a platter for starter with gougons, breaded mushrooms, stuff potato skins etc, followed by sizzling hot chicken fajitas and rounded off with a good old fashioned slab of warm chocolate fudge cake and ice cream.


6. If you could go back in time, which era would you like to live in?

I think for this I would choose the 1950's where petticoats were in fashion and dancing was all the rage! I would also like to experience a time pre technology. I sometimes feel the development in technology has become somewhat instrusive for example if someone can't get hold of me on my house phone, they will ring my mobile, if I don't answer my mobile, they will send a text, or maybe they will email me, facebook me, tweet me perhaps?

7. What is your favourite movie?

Like music I have various favourites dependent on what mood I am in that day. Some of my faves are Sex and the city, Alot like love, Grease, Mamma Mia, Twilight, Across the Universe and more recently I have been reintroduced to the classic Disney Films :)

8. When did you last laugh so much it hurt and what happened to make you laugh so much?

This was earlier today when my husband was telling me a story about an 'angry bird' that was out to get him. I would share the story with you but I am pretty sure it will be a case of 'Oh you had to be there'.

9. What lifts your mood when or if you're ever feeling a bit fed up?

Seeing my happy, smiley, cheery little girl.

10. What is your guilty pleasure?

Nights in! Long gone are the days where I used to out to the early hours now its all about the PJ's, blanket, hot water bottle, lots of choc and tv.


11. If you were animal, what would you be?

I would have to say a cat (not one that kills birds and mice though) but one who went on super exciting adventures and then lounged around the house undisturbed. (I'm basing this on my cats life)

My Questions

1. How did you come up with the name for your blog?
2. If you could give your children one piece of advice what would it be?
3. What song has the most significance to you and why?
4. What three things would you like to achieve in the next 10 years?
5. What is your favourite time of year?
6. Do you drive, and if yes how many times did it take for you to pass your test?
7. What's your favourite way to relax?
8. Do you prefer baths or showers?
9. What was your favourite TV show as child?
10. If you had a theme tune to your life what would it be?
11. What is your favourite take away?

Ok, now for my nominations... Although I think the likely hood is that the following blogs do have more than 200 followers but thats because they are so awesome!

Keri-Anne at GingerlillyteaThis is gorgeous blog filled with stories of Keri-Anne's two 'fairies' and their adventures, there is also baking, photography, dreamy days and lots more.

Mummy S at Litlle Guys Mummy who started her blog around a similar time to me and truly deserves more followers over there.

Leyla at This Day I Love who is a mummy to two lovely little girlies and blogs about the things that she loves each day.

Lisa at Hollybobbs whose blog I have only recently started following but wish I had found sooner. Go and follow Lisa and her little family.

Rachel at Mummykindness whose blog encourages us all to be kind to one another and to ourselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...