Monday 20 May 2013

Outside Fun... Indoors.

So as you will all know the weather hasn't been too good over this past week which means other than a quick trip into town on Saturday afternoon we haven't really done much.

Luckily we bought the toddler a gardening kit for her birthday which included some seeds, compost, small plant pots, a pair of gardening gloves and a watering can, so earlier in the week we did a spot of potting and within a couple of days and after some TLC from Gracie we noticed some of the plants were starting to sprout.


 
 
 
Today we added to our collection as I bought some tomato plants and strawberry plants, as a result our kitchen window sill looks like this...
 
 
 
 
At the moment we are currently doing a garden makeover and I'm thinking about having a small patch specifically for Gracie where she can do her own gardening as she really enjoys watering the plants and generally getting dirty :)
 
How have you been entertaining the children in this recent wet and windy weather?
 

 



8 comments:

  1. When the weather is horrible keeping our little peeps occupied can be trying at times! However, I find bringing out our arts & crafts box is a winner! My 4yr old loves to go mad with glue, tissue paper and glitter! lol.

    I would LOVE to have little plants like this, your kitchen window looks so lovely! ^_^ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great :) I think the hubster would combust though if we got the glitter out! xxx

      Delete
  2. AAh your window looks lovely! I'm not green fingered person at all, I should give it another try though to be honest! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah, It's all new to me too to be honest :) its fun watching the plants grow though x

      Delete
  3. you window looks very much like mine at the moment, except mine are all spider plants.

    I come from a family of people who like to grow things, so I am hoping that Cameron will be the same.

    Thank you for linking up with The Weekend Blog Hop

    Hope to see you again this week.

    Laura x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura, I am a complete novice but enjoy the potting non the less.

      Will see you on the blog hop again this weekend :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Ah cute, we did some indoor planting a few months ago and it was great fun, moved our little plants outside and some didn't make it but the others are doing great! I'm terrible at growing plants but my son loves it.
    We have been doing lots of art and crafts and imaginative play. I've blogged a few if you fancy a peek for some ideas xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think our plants are ready to move outside too :) Will definitley check out your blog - Thanks :) xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...